A. Schedule of Activities
28 February 2016 (Sunday)
- Assembly Time: 1:00AM
- Pre-race Briefing: 2:00AM
- Start Time: 3:00AM
- Intermediate Cut-off Time: AS4 – Sitio Wawa (KM 34) – 12:00PM local time (9 hours)
- Cut-off Time: 4:00PM
- Time Barrier: 13 hours
Important Note: Failure to meet the above time barrier will result to DNF status (Did Not Finish). Runners will be prevented from proceeding for security or safety reason.
50k (At least 21k Trail Run with 1000m gain)—All qualifying races must be verifiable on or via web source and had been done within the 2015 Season (1 January 2015 to 20 February 2016) or prior to the closing date of the registration.
If you have run the following race events, you are qualified to run the 50k category.
- MGM Production Races 21k
- Conquer Trail Series 21k
- The North Face Races 22k
- Salomon Xtrail Races 24k
- King of the Mountain Race Series 21k
- Clark-Miyamit Race Series 26k
- Pilipinas Mountain Running Series 32k
- Cordillera Mountain Marathon 42k
- Mapawa Trail Run 22k
C. Medical Attestation
The form for medical certificate required for this race will be sent via email after successfully registering online. The medical certificate must attest to the participant’s health and fitness to join the Rizal Mountain Run and must be signed by a duly licensed and practicing physician. The medical certificate must be submitted to claim race kit. Failure to fulfill this requirement will result in the participant’s disqualification and will not be allowed to run the course.
D. Registration Rules
- Registration via website only.
- Payment instructions will be sent by email.
- Payment must be made to complete registration.
- Deadline for registration and payment: 20th of February 2016
- The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable in case of race cancellation or postponement due to FORCE MAJEURE (meaning unforeseeable circumstances) or factors beyond the control of the race organizers.
- Registration fee is not convertible to any distances.
- The registration fee does not cover transportation costs in case the runner DNFed, discontinues or stops for whatever reason during the race in any part of the course or anywhere near it. Transport will cost a minimum of P500 which shall be charged to the account of the runner.
E. Loot and Rewards
- All Runners will bring home
- Official event shirt
- One (1) raffle ticket
- Other items from participating sponsors
- All Finishers will receive medals
- All Winners will receive token and gift items from our sponsors
F. 50K Course Details
Elevation gain/loss: 2,800 meters
This is the full loop from Basekamp in Pintong Bukawe, San Mateo, Rizal. Do not underestimate this route: gravel or dirt roads, fire trails, river crossings and single tracks. You’ll be going over Mt. Purro to reach Sitio Calawis and Sitio Apia, Antipolo, Rizal. Runners then have to cross two rivers to reach the remote village of Sitio Malasya, Barangay Puray, Montalban, Rizal. Runners will then run the trails to Sitio Wawa, Barangay Puray, Montalban, Rizal. Runners will then go up to Mt. Parawagan, running on trails following the contours of the Wawa River to reach Barangay Casile, and finally going back up to Basekamp in Pintong Bukawe. These are trails used primarily by locals to travel from one barangay to their farmlands and neighboring areas.
There will be gravel or dirt roads, fire trails, river crossings and single tracks. However, the course may be affected by weather conditions before or during the race.
- At the Start/Finish Line.
- Aid Station 1 (AS1) – located at Brgy. Calawis, 9kms from Start/Finish line.
- Aid Station 2 (AS2) – at Sitio Malasya or KM17 (after river crossing).
- Aid Station 3 (AS3) – at the Puray junction going to Sitio Wawa (Ate Elvies House) or KM28.
- Aid Station 4 (AS4) – at Jenny’s Store at Sitio Wawa or KM34.
- Aid Station 5 (AS5) – at Acacia tree (the junction going up Parawagan and going to the trails to Casile) or KM37 (water station only).
- Aid Station 6 (AS6) – at Sitio Casile junction or KM44.
Note: Distances are approximate
- Pintong Bukawe junction
- River crossing at Bajo River
- Turn right going down to Sitio Calawis
- Junction before river in Sitio Apia
- Junction after highest point in malasya (left to ate Elvie’s house)
- Junction in Wawa
- Acacia Tree Junction in Parawagan
- Junction in Casile
SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL MARKINGS SPECIFIC FOR NIGHT and DAY RUNNING, course is primarily marked reflective markers, arrow blazes and light blinkers as additional marking.
At every junction or intersection there will be properly placed markers to indicate the path to be taken. On a straight path…there will be no markings for several meters which is indicates the heading being followed is correct. Absence of blazes or markings for several minutes or even an hour or so is clearly a sign that the heading being followed is incorrect.
Markers will be placed on top of wooden poles or even attached to tree trunks, electric posts, on the ground, road, walls, plants, stones, rocks, etc. wherever they be seen. Runners should pay close attention both to the topography and the markings. If you think you may be lost, DO NOT call the RD to ask for one’s current location. Backtrack and look for the last marking to find out where the correct heading should be. This instruction and more will be emphasized and repeated at the pre-race and race briefings.
February in the Philippines is the coldest (20-25 degrees Celsius) time of the year. But gets really hot (30-35 degrees Celsius) and humid weather around noontime.
NOTE: This will be a physically demanding race. Runners are strongly advised to train properly for it.
G. Mandatory Gear
- Fully-charged and operational mobile phone
- Headlamp or flashlights (torches) with at least 8 hours charge
- Water carrier (bladder, hand-held bottles, etc.) with volume of at least 1,000mL
- Reusable water cups
- Poncho or Rain Jacket
Note: No Dropbags
Important: Race Hotline Smart +639195115574 and Globe +639271685937
Failure to comply with the mandatory requirements will result to disqualification and removal from the race. Random checks will be done throughout the Race route. Race hotline number(s) must be saved on the runner’s mobile phone. It is required that the mobile phone is on and operational at all times during the duration of the race. Please be reminded that the aid stations will not provide disposable water cups to protect the trail and you should not drink directly from the water jugs! Crew will be advised not to serve any drinks unless water cups are presented by runners.
H. Food and Fluids
All stations will have water, banana, and other assorted food