The purpose of these rules is to ensure the Run’s integrity as a test of individual performance, providing equal conditions for all. The guiding principles of the Performance Rules are as simple as: play fair, be safe, and respect the land.
Violations of any rules or directives of the Rizal Mountain Run may be grounds for disqualification for one or more years, or other sanctions such as time penalties, fines, and/or disqualification.
- There will be no unofficial or unregistered runners.
- Each runner’s official run number must be worn prominently on the front of the body and must be easily visible at all times.
- Runners must follow the marked trail at all times. Any runner departing from the official trail must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing.
- Each runner must complete the entire course under his own power. No physical or mechanical aids are allowed, including but not limited to motor vehicles, motorbikes, horse, cow, carabao, bicycle, and tricycle.
- Runners may not store supplies of any kind along the trail.
- Each runner must be checked IN and checked OUT of all checkpoints.
- Mandatory Gear Check. First check – before checking in at the startline – failure would result to no podium or dnf status. Second gear check (random) at an aidstation (undisclosed) during the race – failure would result to time penalty or dnf. Third check – finish line for the possible podium winners – failure not entitled to podium or DNF.
- All cut-off times will be strictly enforced. Runners must be checked OUT of the checkpoint BEFORE the cut-off time. Runners returning to the checkpoint after the cut-off time will be pulled from the Run.
- Injection of fluids or drugs (intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous) during the event may result in immediate disqualification.
- Littering of any kind is prohibited. Please respect the natural beauty of our trails and the right of everyone to enjoy them. Littering will threaten our continued use of the local trails.
- Runners must refrain from any act of bad sportsmanship.
- Smoking is not permitted at any of the checkpoints or along the trail.
- Any runner who is unable to finish the Run must personally inform the aid station captain of the nearest checkpoint of his decision to withdraw. HE MUST GIVE HIS TIMING CHIP AND PERFORATED BIB NUMBER TEAR SHEET TO THE CAPTAIN AT THAT TIME. Runners who leave the course without turning in their wristband and tear sheet will be classified as “lost,” thereby activating the Rizal Mountain Run’s partner Search and Rescue unit. Time spent searching for any such runner will be billed to the runner at a minimum rate of Php1,000 per hour.
- Runners crossing the finish line after the per category cutoff will not be listed as official finishers.
- The Rizal Mountain Run has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of performance enhancing drugs (PEDs). Any athlete who has been determined to have violated anti-doping rules or policies, is ineligible for entry into the Rizal Mountain Run. Any athlete who refuses to submit to anti-doping controls, if selected for testing, shall be disqualified and subject to a lifetime ban from Rizal Mountain Run.
Rule Violation Procedure
Violation of any of the rules or regulations of the Rizal Mountain Run is an extremely serious matter. Accordingly, alleging violation of a rule by another runner is very serious. Protests must be submitted by a registered entrant and must be lodged using the following procedure:
- Report the alleged violation to the runner, his crew or his pacer as the incident occurs. Enlist a fellow witness to the alleged violation if possible.
- Report the alleged violation with the runner’s name and number to the next available aid station captain.
- Report the alleged violation in writing at the finish line to the Run Director. All protests must be submitted by 12p.m. on Sunday . Written protest must include the name of the person who lodged the complaint.
- Both parties will be invited to discuss the complaint with the Rizal Mountain Run Core Committee at noon on Sunday, when a decision about whether to withhold the alleged violator’s award will be rendered.
- A final resolution of the issue may be made by the full Rizal Mountain Run Core Committee will be rendered immediately after the discussion and meeting of the Committee.